Lasers have demonstrated several benefits across all areas of medicine. Dentistry is not any different. They are suitable for a variety of dental procedures that include soft tissue treatments.
Soft tissue laser treatment offers a revolutionary way for minimally invasive procedures in the most comfortable manner possible. It is a more gentle method of surgical procedure that allows soft tissue to be removed efficiently, quickly, safely, and precisely.
All Smile Dental has one of the most advanced soft tissue dental lasers available. We offer a broad range of soft tissue therapies, along with greater accuracy.
Soft tissue lasers treatment at All Smile Dental allow for:
- Faster and better healing.
- Speedy recovery.
- Minimally invasive surgical procedures.
- Treatment for healthy and diseased tissue, including cold sores and gum diseases.
What Conditions Can Soft Tissue Laser Therapy Treat?
Lasers used for treating soft tissue are of various wavelengths. It is safe enough to be used on any soft tissue throughout your mouth. From the pockets beneath your gums to the fragile gums' edges visible in your smile, lasers can softly treat all of them. Soft tissue lasers' uses include:
- Periodontal treatments
- Gingivectomy treatments
- Gingival contouring
- Removing aphthous ulcers
- Crown lengthening
- Soft tissue incisions
- Removal of soft tissue lesions
Soft Tissue Laser Therapy Benefits
- It does not cause any harm to the hard tissues and the pulp of the teeth.
- The patient will require only a local anesthetic.
- It is secured to use in conjunction with dental implants.
- They are also secure around PFM and full-metal crowns and amalgam restorations.
- Dental lasers are excellent for hemostasis.
- Soft tissue removal is precise and reliable.
- There is no need to put periodontal packs and stitches, making it best suited for children or patients with any anxiety about the treatment.
- Following treatment, most patients who undergo laser therapy will have less postoperative pain and gingival swelling and discomfort.
Safety When Using Lasers
With the advent of more efficient and cost-effective dental lasers, the demand for gentle dental treatment is increasing. A lot of procedures traditionally performed using mechanical techniques are now possible with lasers for dental use.
The treatment of soft tissue with lasers is highly safe. For specific treatments, it might be beneficial to mix two wavelengths to achieve the best treatment result. The most crucial aspect is ensuring eye health. Protective eyeglasses should be worn while lasers are being used.
Our dentist at All Smile Dental understands the selected wavelength's specifics, its limitations, and the thermal effects of the energy generated.
Please reach out to All Smile Dental in Turlock, CA, to have a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Singh. Please call us at (209) 668-3736 or schedule an online consultation, and we’ll guide you further.