Everybody desires a great smile, but many people need help getting there. Problems such as crooked, misaligned, and crowded teeth often affect the appearance of your smile. This situation calls for proper orthodontic treatment. Invisalign is one of the orthodontic procedures carried out at our clinic.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a clear aligner, the use of which has become widespread throughout all dental clinics. It is made using a flexible thermoplastic material that makes your treatment discreet. When compared to the traditional metal wire braces, Invisalign is much more comfortable and less noticeable.
What is the Procedure?
When you visit our dental practice for the procedure, our dentist will create a 3D image of your mouth and jaw. This image will be used to create your treatment plan.
We will create a series of customized plastic aligners that will apply pressure to your teeth to shift them to their suitable positions. We will also impart instructions wherein you will have to switch out one set of Invisalign with the other every one or two weeks. Wear them 20-22 hours a day.
What are the Benefits of Invisalign?
- The best benefit of wearing Invisalign is the aesthetic factor. Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign is less noticeable. You can wear them in public without worrying about the appearance of your smile.
- Invisalign is easy to remove as well. You can remove them while cleaning and eating your food.
- With Invisalign, it becomes possible to maintain your oral hygiene in a better way. Simply remove them and brush and floss your teeth twice a day. According to a study, the use of Invisalign may also improve your periodontal health by cutting down the build-up of bacteria around your gums and teeth.
- Conventional braces are slightly uncomfortable to wear. However, Invisalign is not.
- Invisalign is a cost-effective option and can be opted for by anyone who wants to align their smile.
How to Care for Invisalign?
- Stick to the schedule of cleaning your aligners timely when you brush your teeth. You can clean them by using a soft toothbrush. Avoid the use of abrasive materials while cleaning Invisalign.
- Ensure to rinse your Invisalign every time you remove them and soak them daily for 15 minutes to keep odor away.
- Do not eat with Invisalign as they may get stained or damaged.
- Always store your Invisalign in their case when not in use.