Dental implant restorations have come to be highly regarded in the dentistry field due to their exceptional benefits. They are the most sought-after solution to replace missing natural teeth. As they are placed directly in the jawbone, they are the closest to natural replacements for our natural teeth. At All Smile Dental in California, we offer these modern appliances to help our patients regain their mouth functions and smile aesthetics.
Benefits of Implants
Patients increasingly prefer implants because of their excellent qualities, including:
- They are the most stable among the tooth replacements as they are placed directly in the jawbone.
- The grooves on the surface of the implant stud keep the jawbone intact and prevent its deterioration.
- They prevent the neighboring teeth from drifting from their original positions.
- They reinstate your ability to eat your food normally.
- They restore your natural phonetics.
- They can be customized to imitate the appearance of the existing natural teeth.
- They enable you to smile with confidence without being conscious of the missing tooth.
- They are highly durable and long-lasting.
Eligibility for Implant Restorations
Patients who are planning on dental implants to replace their missing teeth should satisfy the following criteria:
- Healthy jawbone with enough volume and size
- Sufficient spacing is available for placing the implant
- Good overall health and mind
- Prime oral health
- Preparedness to undergo oral surgeries and visit the dentist for multiple consultations
Types of Implant Restorations at All Smile Dental
Single Dental Implants
Patients missing a single tooth can benefit from a single dental implant. This treatment involves the surgical placement of a titanium post into the patient’s jawbone. This metal post serves as the artificial tooth root. Once the metal post has fused with the surrounding bone tissues, we will secure a prosthetic tooth to an abutment connected to the post above the gum line. The prosthetic restoration will help reinstate its appearance and serve as the previous missing tooth.
Mini Dental Implants
A mini dental implant is a tiny false root that is biocompatible with your body and smile. These appliances are of smaller sizes, measuring about 1.8 to 3.3mm in diameter and 10 to 15mm in length. Mini dental implants are less expensive and can be used as full-fledged dental implants when the ridge is too narrow. The small dimensions of these appliances give more flexibility when there is substantial bone loss.
If you want to know more about implant restorations, visit any of our All Smile Dental offices in California. We are located at 1647 Countryside Dr, Turlock, CA 95380 and 1100 Carver Rd. #5, Modesto, CA 95350. You can Call our Dentist in Turlock, CA at (209) 668-3736 or Dentist in Modesto, CA at (209) 409-8839.