Dental implants provide an excellent solution for people who have lost teeth. The reasons for tooth loss could be tooth decay, gingivitis, or an accident. As dental implants are artificial tooth roots, they provide a strong foundation for the replacement tooth. Due to this quality of the implant, they are more permanent options. At All Smile Dental in California, we provide implant restorations to enable our patients to regain their smile aesthetics and mouth function.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are made of highly durable metals like titanium. The visible tooth crown is made from dental-grade ceramic, a solid and durable material that is perfect for fabricating restorations. Both of these constituents are held together by a connecting element called an abutment and dental adhesives.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
There are benefits in having dental implants placed, including:
- They are placed directly in the jawbone, giving them exceptional stability. The implants won’t snap off or get displaced from their sockets when you bite or chew food or brush your teeth, etc.
- The implant screw fixed in the jawbone fills the space left by the missing tooth root. This prevents the adjacent teeth from drifting towards the void.
- They allow you to naturally chew and eat food, restoring mouth functionality to its optimal level.
- They are very durable compared to other dental restorations. If the implants are cared for well, they may last up to 15 to 20 years.
- In some instances, dental implants can replace multiple teeth in one go with the help of implant-supported bridges and dentures.
- The crown restoration provides remarkable durability and aesthetics. It can be customized to match the appearance of your existing natural teeth, which makes it discreet.
How Are Dental Implants Placed?
When you come for your consultation, our dentist Dr. A. P. Singh will perform a comprehensive screening to check for any adverse effects of the implant procedure. Some of the conditions we will look for include jawbone health and volume, space available for restoration, cavities, gum disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. Based on these observations, we will decide your best course of treatment. If you’re fit for implants, we will drill a small opening in the bone during the dental implant surgery, place the implant, and secure it with dental cement. A suitable healing period is allowed.
Once the affected area has healed, the bone will have grown around the implant screw and fused with it. The final step is placing the abutment and securing the crown restoration. A bite test is conducted to check for the correct bite. If required, the necessary changes are done to complete your smile once more.
If you want to know more about dental implants, visit us at All Smile Dental in California. We are located at 1647 Countryside Dr, Turlock, CA 95380 and 1100 Carver Rd. #5, Modesto, CA 95350. You can call our Dentist in Turlock, CA at (209) 668-3736 or Dentist in Modesto, CA at (209) 409-8839.