Crowns and bridges are the most widely used dental restorations that can revive both your smile’s aesthetics and your oral functionality.
Dental crowns are used when a tooth is too severely damaged or decayed to be fixed with a simple filling or to replace a missing tooth. Bridges are used when one or more teeth are missing.
At All Smile Dental in Turlock, California, and Modesto, California, Dr. Singh provides both crowns and bridges and customizes them to perfectly fit your smile and preferences while also helping restore your dental health.
Benefits of Crowns
- Crowns serve multiple purposes from restoring teeth that are broken, chipped, to teeth that are worn out, weak, or spaced too far apart.
- As they are made from dental-grade ceramic, crowns look very similar to natural tooth enamel and their color, texture, contour, and size can be personalized to match your natural teeth.
- Crowns enable you to smile or talk with confidence.
- They are highly durable, allowing you to eat whatever you like.
- Crowns can be placed with maximum precision so as not to alter your natural bite.
- As they are firmly fixed in position, crowns won’t get displaced during regular oral activities.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
- Dental bridges are a cost-efficient way to replace one or more missing teeth.
- Placing bridges only takes two visits to our dental office.
- Bridges are made from tooth-colored ceramic and can be customized to imitate the appearance of the existing natural teeth.
- They allow you to chew and bite food without hassle, thereby restoring oral functionality.
- They prevent the neighboring teeth from drifting from their original positions as they fill the gap left by the natural tooth.
How Are Crowns and Bridges Placed?
During your initial consultation at All Smile Dental, Dr. Singh will screen your mouth and determine the suitable treatment.
For both crowns and bridges, the teeth will need to be prepared by removing a thin layer of enamel. Using digital impressions, our dental laboratory will fabricate your customized restoration and once it is ready, Dr. Singh will fix the restoration in place using dental adhesives and a dental curing light.
A test will ensure your natural bite isn’t altered and then the restoration will be polished to enhance its appearance.
If you want to know more about dental crowns and bridges, visit our All Smile Dental offices in California. We are located at 1647 Countryside Dr, Turlock, CA 95380 and 1100 Carver Rd. #5, Modesto, CA 95350. You can Call our Dentist in Turlock, CA at (209) 668-3736 or Dentist in Modesto, CA at (209) 409-8839.